25.11.11

Perfect Pumpkin Pie


I can't even count how many things I am thankful for in my life, but on my long list of friends, family, health and other gifts, pumpkin pie is most definitely included. Pumpkin is a flavor that always reminds me of the holidays and sitting around a fireplace with the people I love most. It encompasses fall and the inner warmth that comes with colder seasons. Maybe that's a lot to put on one dessert... but I think this pie can handle it!

This is the first time I've tried this particular recipe for vegan pumpkin pie and it was amazing! The texture is perfectly silky smooth and it is just bursting with flavor. My whole family absolutely loved it. It's also super easy to prepare, especially if you have a store-bought crust like I did.



Pumpkin Pie (recipe from here)

1 9-inch pie crust (I used Whole Food's whole-wheat vegan crust)

1 15-ounce can of pumpkin (or about 2 cups fresh cooked)

1 cup vanilla soy milk

3/4 cup sugar

3 tbsp cornstarch

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp ginger

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp cloves

1/4 tsp nutmeg

Preheat your oven to 350ยบ. Mix all of the ingredients together in a food processor or blender, pour into the pie crust and bake for 60 minutes. Once it is out of the oven, let cool for about 10 minutes then stick it in the refrigerator for about an hour, or until you're ready to eat. Serve with vegan whipped cream, soy ice cream, or just eat it plain! Enjoy!

Creeping Cat

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Those photos are so beautiful and clear, I can smell the pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous26.11.11

    This looks like a wonderful recipe! Some of the best pies are vegan, in my opinion. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! And I agree- they are more delicious and healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I just recently made a soy and dairy free one but used eggs - I was wondering if cornflour would work instead - glad to see it does. I may need to try your pie next time! If you are looking for a good vegan crust recipe check out my Whole Spelt and Coconut Oil post :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10.3.12

    This recipe was great but took a lot longer than 1 hour to bake, closer to 2 hours. It was also very sweet, I recommend cutting down the sugar to 1/2-1/4 cup of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback! I tend to have more of a sweet tooth than some people, so it's a good idea to adjust the sugar level to your own taste :)

      Delete
  7. Anonymous25.10.13

    Hi,
    Thank you for the wonderful recipe. The pie turned out delicious!
    As someone else had mentioned earlier, it took about 2 hrs to bake and it was way too sweet so next time I'd add only 1/4 cups of sugar.

    ReplyDelete