Oh, killing me softly
and I'm still falling
still the one I need,
I will always be with yooou
This is what I was singing the whole time I baked this weekend. Is anyone else as addicted as I am? The video is also super adorable.
I have another thing for you to get addicted to- more cookies. This has been kind of a stressful week for me. I've been trying to register for classes for next semester plus I'm in a dance show that just opened last night! Thank goodness for chocolate.
Not only have I been on a quest for the perfect vegan pancake, but I've been searching for the perfect vegan chocolate chip cookie as well. I think I got it. They are crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and the molasses adds an amazing richness to the flavor. These cookies are killing me softly. Just like Beyonce.
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe slightly adapted from here)
makes about 20 cookies
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips/chunks (make sure they're vegan!)
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp dark molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease two cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt and chocolate chips.
3. In a medium bowl mix the oil, soy milk, vanilla and molasses.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients. It works best if you use your hands!
5. Roll dough into balls and flatten onto the cookie sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!