9.12.11

Random and Exciting News

I know this isn't food related, but I wanted to share it anyway :)
When I was in New York in October, I attended the Wall Street protest and participated in a march for single-payer health care. I don't want this to turn into a political blog, however I know Occupy Wall Street got a lot of crap for being made up of "uninformed liberal hippies," but I just want to say that everyone I talked to there was extremely educated on all the issues and passionate about the cause. It was exhilarating and empowering to be a part of the movement!

Here's the really random and exciting part... my photo from the rally ended up in Glamour Magazine! My friend sent me a link to this photo asking if it was really me, and I couldn't believe it. I've never had anything like this happen to me before- I was really shocked. So if you open up a copy of the New Year's edition of Glamour Magazine, say hi to the face of this blog!

That's me on the left, "channeling my hippie protest roots!"

Anyway, sorry to toot my own horn, but I just had to share this with you guys! I will be posting a couple new recipes this weekend, but in the meantime have a happy Friday! 

6 comments:

  1. "Healthcare, not Wealthcare" - I love it (and your channeling of hippie protest roots)

    Groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was kind of a time warp being there, it felt more like the 60s than the 21st century!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat! I think the whole movement is exactly what needs to be happening right now. Hopefully more people will catch on soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree, and I hope so too. Maybe it will help that Glamour is showing support for the movement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cool, Ruby! Congratulations on standing up for something you believe in, and congratulations on the fun surprise of finding yourself in a national magazine! Committed to social change and chic - that's a winning combination if I've ever heard of one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you David!

    ReplyDelete