27.9.11

September Loves



My plans to bake keep getting squashed by so many things. First, it was just the fact that I was too busy, and now it's because I've caught the college plague. You know how that goes, everyone around you is getting sick and you're all like "Psh, I eat my fruits and vegetables, I'm not gonna get sick." And then you wake up on Monday with a fever. Oops.

Anyways, because of this I've been bedridden for two days, only getting up to go get smoothies and soup from the cafe nearby. I figured while I have some free time to sit in front of my computer (since I already finished a whole season of Mad Men...) it's about time to compile some of my favorite things from this past month. So here we go...

-This music video. It's so endearing and the little dance breaks are the best.

-This incredible looking pie. It's so far from vegan, but I'm determined to veganize it at some point.

-I'm obsessed with underwater photography, and this artist in particular. Her photos are so dreamy and stunning.

-Pears, apples and maple syrup. A perfect fall combination.



-That Book. The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russel. I finally finished it recently and it was so intense, enlightening, beautiful and disturbing all at the same time. I would highly recommend it!

-This song. I saw him live last year at my school and he was incredible, but I just rediscovered it!

-These shoes. Too bad I'm too cheap to spend over $20 on shoes. Plus did you know Urban Outfitters gives a lot of money to the Republican Party? Booo...

-Last but not least, it's mildly embarrassing, but when I'm sick I tend to watch all 6 parts of this. It's as comforting as eating a big bowl of mashed potatoes :)

That's all for now! As soon as I can walk without getting dizzy, I will have some new recipes for you.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring a link to my S'more Pie! I'm excited to hear about your plans to vaganize it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I will definitely let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Ruby, I hope you feel better soon! Thank you for sharing this utterly fabulous list. I hope you make favorites a regular feature. Glad you have your P&P at college! I sent Maria off with her own copy for when she gets the inevitable bug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anne! They will be a regular monthly feature on here. I'm glad to hear Maria has it too, I don't know what I'd do without it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren28.9.11

    Love these September "Loves". Hope you are feeling better today~ at least well enough to bake with some pears!

    ReplyDelete
  7. matthew smith28.9.11

    Ouch! Hope you're feeling better! I loved the Fall photo---beautiful rich autumn colors just after the leaves have mostly fallen. And speaking of pears, I made a pear + peach smoothie. Really tasty and delicate! Get well soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete